FIRE TEST PERFORMANCE
ISOLATEK Type WB 3 has been extensively tested for fire resistance and is rated for up to 4 hours for floor assemblies, beams, and columns.
• Classified by UL in accordance with ANSI/UL 263 (ASTM E119)
• Classified by UL in accordance with CAN/ULC-S101 (ASTM E119)
• Tested to BS 476 Parts 20-21
ISOLATEK Type WB 3 has also been tested for surface burning characteristics in accordance with ASTM E84 and is rated Class A.
Flame Spread …..0 Smoke Developed …..20
ISOLATEK Type WB 3 satisfies the requirements of the following:
• IBC® – INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE®
• City of Los Angeles (LADBS, Category 1 Material)
• NBC – National Building Code of Canada
• ICC-ES, AC23 and AC10 Requirements (UL ER13348-01)
ISOLATEK Type WB 3 complies with the requirements of the following specifications:
• MasterSpec®, Section 078123 APPLIED FIREPROOFING (AIA)
• Master Format® 2014, Section 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (CSC, CSI)
• Unified Facilities Guide Specification, UFGS 07 81 00 Spray-Applied Fireproofing (USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC, NASA)
• Master Construction Specifications, Number 07 81 00 Applied Fireproofing (VA)
• Code of Federal Regulations, Title 40 Protection of the Environment (EPA)
• PBS-P100, Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Services (GSA)
• A compatible primer must be applied to the steel substrate. Refer to the Primers for ISOLATEK Intumescent Fireproofing Technical Data Sheet.
• ISOLATEK Type WB 3 can be brushed or sprayed, not rolled and is also available in a trowel grade formulation (ISOLATEK Type WB 3 TG).
• The applied thickness of ISOLATEK Type WB 3 will depend upon the specified fire rating and size / shape of the steel member to be protected.
• If desired, a finish coat may be applied in the desired color and finish directly over ISOLATEK Type WB 3 in accordance with the guidelines noted in our Finish Coat Materials Technical Data Sheet.